Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles
Pensioner Fares apply to Australian and New Zealand Pension Card holders, Australian Senior Card holders, and full-time Australian Students.
- Included in price:
- National Park Entry Fees are included as well as sightseeing as described.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Meals are not included, however these are available for purchase. Lunch at the Apollo Bay Hotel is available to be pre booked as an optional extra.
- What to bring:
- - Camera - Sunscreen - Hat - Water Bottle - jacket in the cooler months
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children under 24 months (2yrs) of age, are classified as infants, and travel free of charge whilst being nursed. All children over the age of 24 months must occupy a seat. Child prices apply to children between the ages of 2 and 15 years inclusive.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Hotel pick up are available as follows: Federation Square (Corner of Flinders St and Russell St) - 0745 Adina Grand Apartments (189 Queen Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Apollo Bay Hotel (95 Great Ocean Road, Apollo Bay) - 1300 Atlantis Hotel (300 Spencer Street, Melbourne) - 0710 Bayside Eden (6 Queens Road, Melbourne) - 0650 Bayview on the Park (52 Queens Road, Melbourne) - 0650 Como Hotel (630 Chapel Street, South Yarra) - 0650 Crown Metropol (8 Whiteman Street, Southbank) - 0720 Crown Promenade (8 Whiteman Street, Southbank) - 0715 Crown Towers (8 Whiteman Street, Southbank - Atrium End - 0720 Crowne Plaza Hotel (1-5 Spencer Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Cumberland Resort (150 Mountjoy Parade, Lorne) - 1115 Downtowner on Lygon (66 Lygon Street, Carlton) - 0705 Eastern Townhouse (90 Albert Street, East Melbourne) - 0710 Hilton on the Park (192 Wellington Parade, East Melbourne) - 0715 Hilton Southwharf (2 Convention Centre Place, Southwarf) - 0700 Holiday Inn Flinders (575 Flinders Lane, Melbourne) - 0720 Hotel Sophia (287 King Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Ibis Hotel Therry Street (15-21 Therry Street, Melbourne) - 0730 Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel (131 King Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto (495 Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0735 Kings Street Backpackers (197 King Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Langham Hotel (1 Southgate Avenue, Southbank) 0710 Mantra Erskine Resort (Mountjoy Parade, Lorne) - 1115 Mantra on Jolimont (133 Jolimont Road, East Melbourne) - 0705 Mantra on Russell (222 Russell Street, Melbourne) - 0735 Mantra on the Park (333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne) - 0720 Marriott Hotel (Cnr Exhibition & Lonsdale Streets) - 0730 Melbourne Short Stay Apartments (241 City Road, Southbank) - 0715 Mercure Grand on Swanston (195 Swanston Street, Melbourne - meet at reception desk) - 0730 Mercure Pullman Albert Park (65 Queens Road, Melbourne) - 0655 Mercure Treasury Gardens (13 Spring Street, Melbourne) - 0715 Mercure Welcome Hotel (265-281 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne - meet at reception desk) - 0730 Miami Hotel (13 Hawke Street, North Melbourne) - 0710 Novotel Bayside (16 The Esplanade, St Kilda) - 0640 Novotel Collins (270 Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0730 Oaks on Market (60 Market Street, Melbourne) - 0720 Park Hyatt (1 Parliament Square, East Melbourne) - 0725 Radisson Flagstaff (380 William Street, Melbourne) - 0715 Rendezvous Hotel (328 Flinders Street, Melbourne) - 0740 Rydges Carlton (701 Swanston Street, Carlton) - 0700 Rydges Melbourne (186 Exhibition Street, Melbourne) - 0720 Seasons Botanical (348 St.Kilda Road, Melbourne) - 0700 Sofitel Hotel (25 Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0715 Stamford Plaza (111 Little Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0725 Travelodge Docklands (66 Aurora Lane, Melbourne) - 0705 Travel Inn Carlton (225 Drummond Street Carlton) - 0705 Vibe Savoy (630 Little Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0715 Westin Hotel (205 Collins Street, Melbourne) - 0710 Windsor Hotel (103-115 Spring Street, Melbourne) - 0715
- Approximately 11.5hrs
- Approximate Return Time:
- 8:00 pm
- AAT Kings
- Great Ocean Road, Port Philip Bay and Bells Beach
- Departs From
Experience the sights and sounds of Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Port Philip Bay and Bells Beach on this stunning full day tour along this famous wartime trail.
The Great Ocean Road drive is an excellent getaway from the bustling city life of Melbourne − even if it’s only for a day. This picturesque destination is a haven of natural splendour for those waiting to escape the city. Featuring breathtaking coastal views, sublime rivers, lush rainforests and thundering waterfalls, there’s an abundance of ecological diversity just waiting to be discovered by you. This natural gem is like paradise on earth − featured on many must-visit lists of travelers across the world.
• Plunge into the beauty of the Great Ocean Road drive with your friendly driver and instructor.
• Bury your feet in the pristine white sands of some of the most outstanding beaches in the world.
• Immerse yourself in the splendour of the striking Twelve Apostle formations, inspiring a look of awe and wonder.
• Enjoy spectacular coastal views on one side and lush forestry on the other side, as you drive through the most impressive coastal road in the world.
Commencing in Melbourne at around 8 am, there is a courtesy pick-up and drop-off service provided for patrons who are staying in hotels in and around the CBD, or from Federation Square. You’ll be privy to all highlights and sites along the Great Ocean Road over the course of the day. Enjoy panoramic views of the Melbourne cityscape as you depart the city, making way to your first stop at Torquay, a surfer’s paradise with its turquoise waters and blissful weather. Home to a multitude of internationally recognised surf wear brands like Quiksilver, Rip Curl and Roxy, Torquay is an extraordinary town with so much to offer. Enjoy a quick cup of tea or coffee as you take in the naturally beautiful surrounding sights.
You’ll also pass through Bells Beach on your tour. Bells Beach hosts the World Surfing Championships around Easter every year. Revel in the magnitude of imposing limestone cliffs, pristine white beaches and stunning forestry as your friendly tour guide gives you a brief history of the region and every place you pass through. The Great Ocean Road Drive is perhaps the most famous scenic coastal drive in the world that you absolutely cannot miss if you’re a local or tourist. Watch a magnificent display of spectacular natural erosion juxtaposed between the rugged coast and the lush rainforest.
You will then drive through the coastal towns of Lorne, Wye River and Anglesea. For lunch, you will arrive at the picturesque town of Apollo Bay, where you can purchase a delicious lunch from a local café or get a prepaid lunch as an optional extra on the tour. After lunch, you’ll drive through the mountainous region along Otway National Park. You will get a chance to see the towering Cape Patton and the dramatically famous Twelve Apostles limestone formations rising majestically from the Southern Ocean. You can take a helicopter flight (at your own cost) over the Twelve Apostles to witness the spectacular scenery from the top or you can enjoy a relaxing walk to the lookouts. But don't forget your camera! You’ll regret it if you do!
Bask in the romantic and tragic love stories of the lives lost on board the Loch Ard at Loch Ard Gorge. Learn about the heartbreaking history of wrecked ships along this coastline. You will also have time to stop at Port Campbell to enjoy a cup of afternoon tea (at your own expense). Once you’re on your way, you will see a rock formation known as London Bridge, which has collapsed in parts recently. The tour ends back at Melbourne, where you’ll be returned to your original pick up location.
TTG Code: Top Nine Great Ocean Road Day Tours
Prices & Availability
Prices for 14 February 2016.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles
Lunch at Apollo Bay Hotel (K4L)
K4L - Lunch at Apollo Bay Hotel
Adults: $25.00 | Children: $13.00 | Pensioners: $25.00