Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles (K4)
Select your preferred date of travel from the availability shown and proceed to the booking form. Once your credit card payment is finalised we will send you an email confirmation instantly that includes a brief itinerary, contact details for the operator and also a voucher (you should print the voucher and bring with you on the tour).
Pensioner Fares apply to Australian and New Zealand Pension Card holders, Australian Senior Card holders, and full-time Australian Students.
- Included in price:
- National Park Entry Fees are included as well as sightseeing as described.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Meals are not included, however these are available for purchase. Lunch at the Apollo Bay Hotel is available to be pre booked as an optional extra.
- What to bring:
- Bring your swimwear for a chance to have a swim on beautiful beaches, camera, sunscreen.
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children under 24 months (2yrs) of age, are classified as infants, and travel free of charge whilst being nursed. All children over the age of 24 months must occupy a seat. Child prices apply to children between the ages of 2 and 15 years inclusive.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- All tours depart from Federation Square, on the corner of Flinders and Russell Streets, Melbourne at 8am. Complimentary hotel pick ups are available on request as listed below left. A list of tentative pickup locations and times can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser: http://db.tt/zOOtEjGj
- Approximately 11.5hrs
- Approximate Return Time:
- Approximately 7:30pm (8pm during Summer)
- AAT Kings
- Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Port Philip Bay and Bells Beach
- Departs From
Experience the sights and sounds of Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, Port Philip Bay and Bells Beach on this stunning full day tour along this famous wartime trail. The Great Ocean Road drive is an excellent getaway from the bustling city life in Melbourne − even if it’s only for a day. This picturesque destination is a haven of natural splendour for those waiting to escape the city. Featuring breathtaking coastal views, sublime rivers, lush rainforests and thundering waterfalls, there’s an abundance of ecological diversity just waiting to be discovered by you. This natural gem is like paradise on earth − featured on many must-visit lists of travellers across the world.
• Plunge into the beauty of the Great Ocean Road drive with your friendly on-board driver and instructor.
• Bury your feet in the pristine white sands of some of the most outstanding beaches in the world.
• Immerse yourself in the splendour of the striking Twelve Apostle formations, inspiring a look of awe and wonder.
• Enjoy spectacular coastal views on one side and lush forestry on the other side, as you drive through the most impressive coastal road in the world.
Commencing in Melbourne at around 8 am, there is a courtesy pick-up and drop-off service provided for patrons who are staying in hotels in and around the CBD, or from Federation Square. You’ll be privy to all highlights and sites along the Great Ocean Road over the course of the day. Enjoy panoramic views of the Melbourne cityscape as you depart the city, making way to your first stop at Torquay, a surfer’s paradise with its turquoise waters and blissful weather. Home to a multitude of internationally recognised surf wear brands like Quiksilver, Rip Curl and Roxy, Torquay is an extraordinary town with so much to offer. Enjoy a quick cup of tea or coffee as you take in the naturally beautiful surrounding sights.
You’ll also pass through Bells Beach on your tour. Bells Beach hosts the World Surfing Championships around Easter every year. Revel in the magnitude of imposing limestone cliffs, pristine white beaches and stunning forestry as your friendly tour guide gives you a brief history of the region and every place you pass through. The Great Ocean Road Drive is perhaps the most famous scenic coastal drive in the world that you absolutely cannot miss if you’re a local or tourist. Watch a magnificent display of spectacular natural erosion juxtaposed between the rugged coast and the lush rainforest.
You will then drive through the coastal towns of Lorne, Wye River and Anglesea. For lunch, you will arrive at the picturesque town of Apollo Bay, where you can purchase a delicious lunch from a local café or get a prepaid lunch as an optional extra on the tour. After lunch, you’ll drive through the mountainous region along Otway National Park. You will get a chance to see the towering Cape Patton and the dramatically famous Twelve Apostles limestone formations rising majestically from the Southern Ocean. You can take a helicopter flight (at your own cost) over the Twelve Apostles to witness the spectacular scenery from the top or you can enjoy a relaxing walk to the lookouts. But never ever forget your camera! You’ll regret it if you do!
Bask in the romantic and tragic love stories of the lives lost on board the Loch Ard at Loch Ard Gorge. Learn about the heartbreaking history of wrecked ships along this coastline. You will also have time to stop at Port Campbell to enjoy a cup of afternoon tea (at your own expense). Once you’re on your way, you will see a rock formation known as London Bridge, which has collapsed in parts recently. The tour ends back at Melbourne, where you’ll be returned to your original pick up location.
Prices & Availability
Prices for 31 August 2015.
Use the calendar to book instantly
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles (K4)
Lunch at Apollo Bay Hotel (K4L)
K4L - Lunch at Apollo Bay Hotel
Adults: $25.00 | Children: $13.00 | Pensioners: $25.00