Currently 0 TOURS in itinerary.
Great Ocean Road & Twelve Apostles
Pensioner Fares apply to Australian and New Zealand Pension Card holders, Australian Senior Card holders, and full-time Australian Students.
- Included in price:
- National Park Entry Fees are included as well as sightseeing as described.
- Able to be purchased/hired:
- Meals are not included, however these are available for purchase. Lunch at the Apollo Bay Hotel is available to be pre booked as an optional extra.
- What to bring:
- - Camera - Sunscreen - Hat - Water Bottle - jacket in the cooler months
- Fitness level required:
- Child policies:
- Children under 24 months (2yrs) of age, are classified as infants, and travel free of charge whilst being nursed. All children over the age of 24 months must occupy a seat. Child prices apply to children between the ages of 2 and 15 years inclusive.
- Departure points:
- Melbourne, Victoria
- Departure time:
8:00 AM Daily
- Pickup/departure instructions:
- Tour departs from Federation Square daily at 8am. Hotel pick ups are available prior to tour departure for selected CBD hotels. Please visit this link for tentative pick up information. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqse2jqyvgua99e/AAT%20K4.pdf?dl=0 Please note that reconfirmation is still required prior to departure as per your travel documentation. The coach will not attend a location unless a pick-up is prearranged. Please note the times listed are approximate and ALL bookings MUST be reconfirmed with operator the day before departure.
- Approximately 12hrs
- Approximate Return Time:
- 8:00 pm
- AAT Kings
- Great Ocean Road, Port Philip Bay and Bells Beach
- Departs From
Commencing in Melbourne at around 8 am from Federation Square, or with a earlier courtesy pick-up and drop-off service provided for patrons who are staying in hotels in and around the CBD. You’ll be privy to all highlights and sites along the Great Ocean Road over the course of the day. Enjoy panoramic views of the Melbourne cityscape as you depart the city, making way to your first stop at Torquay, a surfer’s paradise with its turquoise waters and blissful weather. Home to a multitude of internationally recognised surf wear brands like Quiksilver, Rip Curl and Roxy, Torquay is an extraordinary town with so much to offer. Enjoy a quick cup of tea or coffee as you take in the naturally beautiful surrounding sights.
You’ll also pass through Bells Beach on your tour. Bells Beach hosts the World Surfing Championships around Easter every year. Revel in the magnitude of imposing limestone cliffs, pristine white beaches and stunning forestry as your friendly tour guide gives you a brief history of the region and every place you pass through. The Great Ocean Road Drive is perhaps the most famous scenic coastal drive in the world that you absolutely cannot miss if you’re a local or tourist. Watch a magnificent display of spectacular natural erosion juxtaposed between the rugged coast and the lush rainforest.
You will then drive through the coastal towns of Lorne, Wye River and Anglesea. For lunch, you will arrive at the picturesque town of Apollo Bay, where you can purchase a delicious lunch from a local café or get a prepaid lunch as an optional extra on the tour. After lunch, you’ll drive through the mountainous region along Otway National Park. You will get a chance to see the towering Cape Patton and the dramatically famous Twelve Apostles limestone formations rising majestically from the Southern Ocean. You can take a helicopter flight (at your own cost) over the Twelve Apostles to witness the spectacular scenery from the top or you can enjoy a relaxing walk to the lookouts. But don't forget your camera! You’ll regret it if you do!
Bask in the romantic and tragic love stories of the lives lost on board the Loch Ard at Loch Ard Gorge. Learn about the heartbreaking history of wrecked ships along this coastline. You will also have time to stop at Port Campbell to enjoy a cup of afternoon tea (at your own expense). Once you’re on your way, you will see a rock formation known as London Bridge, which has collapsed in parts recently. The tour ends back at Melbourne, where you’ll be returned to your original pick up location.
TTG Code: Top Nine Great Ocean Road Day Tours